Monday, 7 May 2012

Kool-aid and the Yarn Gang


From left to right:

- Soaring Strawberry Lemonade (x2 envelopes), dip dyed
- Slammin' Strawberry Kiwi (x2), dip dyed
- Blastin' Berry Cherry (x1), dip dyed
- 2 skeins of Pina-Pineapple + Mango (x2 PP, x1 M)
- Grape (x2)

I think Kool-aid dyeing was the fad of the previous year or the year before that in the knitting world, but since I was beginning my Ravelry and blog dabbling at that time, I kind of missed the whole thing. Now, with my sock enthusiasm, the cool, sugary, tacky and most of all, fantastic colours became topical again. So here's what me and my knitting friend scratched together during one afternoon dragged into early evening.

The Soarin', Blastin' and Pina-Pineapples are my friend's skeins and the pale Slammin' and Grape are mine. There are still two more skeins drying, but they're a bit more difficult to photograph, because I dyed them in smaller patches and they're scattered around my balcony. Phew... the smell in my kitchen actually, LITERALLY, made out heads swim. I don't think I could drink this stuff, at least not anymore, after the experience of how it smells boiled mixed with wet yarn.

Our favourites that go definately to re-purchase list are Blastin' Berry Cherry and Soarin' Strawberry Lemonade. Plus I think we want to try some greens or blues. Outcome: we're hooked. 

2 comments :

A-L said...

So inspiring! I've never tried Koolaid either... and your yarns look so cheerful and happy. Koolaid here I come!

berenike said...

A-L: Definately recommend! The pigments are so great! I don't even like red and I went nuts with them with Kool-aid!