Thursday, 5 April 2012

Rest of the baby set


Here's the rest of what I made for my parents' friends' little one. Since the jacket was bright grass green, I chose to knit the accessories with a bit more downplayed colours.




pattern: Oh! Baby Baby Booties by Judy Nemish
yarn: Novita Miami, circa 25g
needles: 3mm

The only really soft, white yarn I had was Novita Miami, so I went with that. Not much to say about the yarn really, not hot or cold, but the pattern on the other hand was just pure fun. The thing about some baby patterns is that you just have to knit "blindly". If you haven't done these kinds of patterns before, there's probably no way of seeing how the weird pattern actually turns into these booties. But Nemish's pattern was really good.


pattern: Aviatrix Baby Hat by Justine Turner
yarn: Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK, 60g
needles: 3,5mm DPNs. 4mm circular

What can I say about this? A fantastic pattern and the yarn was just absolutely wonderful. I've been eyeing this yarn at work and it turnt out to just as great to knit as it feels. The pattern required short rows and I haven't done those properly before; a few first short rows look awful and holey, but at the end the holes are smaller. I knit the wrap with the stitch, but I guess I still have some work to do with the short rows. Anyways, Aviatrix is just lovely, no wonder why it's so popular in Ravelry.



pattern: Soft Wave Baby Mittens by Anna Hromova
yarn: Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK, 20g
needles: 3.5mm

I didn't plan to do any mittens but there were some leftovers from the Aviatrix. I made the cuff a bit longer than in the pattern and did an i-cord string between the mittens so that they don't disappear into Sockland when the baby decides to wave them off.

6 comments :

Vyyhti said...

Onpas suloiset, varsinkin tuo hattu!

Neulisti said...

Ihastuttavia pikkuneuleita! Töppöset on ihan parhaat.

Emma said...

Suloinen setti, myssyn ja tumppujen pehmeys välittyy tänne asti :D

berenike said...

Vyyhti: Kiitos! Hatun ohje oli kyllä mahtava!

Neulisti: Kiitos! Kuulin, että töppöset ei oo maailman käytännöllisimmät, mut ei haittaa ko on niin nätit :D

Emma: Kiitos! Lanka oli kyllä niin pehmeetä. Jos sitä olis muissa väreissä ni saattaisinki neuloa sitä itellenikin :)

Estetiina said...

Voi suloisuun, mikä setti! Tosi kauniit :)

berenike said...

Estetiina: Kiitos! Vauvoille on kiva neuloa, ko niille saa aina tehä kaikkea extra-söpöä :)