Friday, 13 April 2012

Mystery to me

A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
- Charles Dickens -



pattern: Twisted Mockery by Lisa Stichweh
yarn: Cascade Heritage (Christmas Green), 80g
needles: 2,25mm, 2,50mm

Twisted and mockery are very suitable words to describe this project. With cables like this, it's just a matter of time when I cock up. Plus my stitches aren't that neat and they start grimacing at some point. But hey, at least I got something off my Rav queue.

These were mystery socks in some Mystery Sock KAL and there were a couple of mysteries in the pattern, so to say. I couldn't for the life of me get how the stitches were supposed to add up to certain numbers in various parts of the pattern, but I study English, not math, so I guess I really shouldn't bitch about that. Something iffy anyways going on in the pattern. The tip of the toes is also way too small for stubby toed people. The pretty thing about the pattern is that the cables cross very nicely behind calf.


But one thing I can say: the yarn is heavenly. The colour is quirky Christmas Green (I'd say Grinch Green) and the yarn is so soft and even and perfect to knit. After casting on these socks I had to buy another two skeins of Heritage, in colour Flamingo Pink and Mustard Yellow. I'll use them on socks too, probably, just have to find some cool patterns for them. What are your favourite sock patterns?

9 comments :

Sini said...

Kaikki käsityösi täällä blogissa ovat kauniita :)

Näissä sukissa on tosi kiva kohokuviointi!

Näppi said...

Upeat sukat! Todella kauniin väriset.
Tulin vastavierailulle blogiisi. Paljon ihania töitä oot teheny.

Neferi said...

Vau, hienot :)

berenike said...

Sini: Kiitos todella paljon :) Oli noissa palmikoissa hommaakin kyllä :)

Näppi: Kiitos tosi paljon! Väri oli erikoinen, mutta niin herkullisen vihreä!

Neferi: Kiitos! :)

Nuuskis said...

Ihanat sukat! Nostan hattua kärsivällisyydellesi! :)

berenike said...

Nuuskis: Kiitos! Vaati juu vähän kärsivällisyyttä ja muutaman purun :D

ArualMaria said...

Tosi kauniit sukat! Mä pääsen toivottavasti myös pian aloittamaan samat sukat, kärjestä alkaen kylläkin. :)

berenike said...

ArualMaria: Kiitti :) Ohoh, kärjestä aloittaen ne on vielä varmaan haasteellisemmat, hatunnostot siitä!

Laura said...

Sulla on täällä toinen toistaan ihanampia sukkia. Vau!