Sunday, 18 March 2012

Rather than...


Here's the thing: I'd rather spend my Sunday mornings baking, knitting and universally just sitting on my behind than doing all those adult obligations. There's a crying injustice in the world: I was promised a fun, laid-back university life, but instead I got weekly assignments and compulsory lecture attendance. Usually I don't care, but this is one of those cranky, flu-y mornings. So just to pick myself up, I began the day by baking, so that I can later sink slowly back into the relentless swamp of deadlines.

Focaccia. I've tried to whip this damn thing up a couple of times without success. This time, as if it sensed my poor mood, it worked out perfectly... Or it could be the new recipe I tried, come to think of it. I used Leila Lindholm's Pala kakkua - ja paljon muuta recipe. She has fantastic, if very buttery and creamy, pastries and cakes, but as a source of inspiration and alteration the book is great. So here it is: perfectly tangy, salty, mellow focaccia. This with tea...

No comments :