Friday, 9 March 2012

The ex-Marimekko catalogue


When I bought my lovely Marimekko curtain, the helpful assistant at the shop shoved a spring catalogue into the bag to go with my brand new fabric. I haven't used all of the the Moomin envelopes yet, but the pictures in the catalogue were so awfully summery and pretty that I had a sudden crafts attack.



There were more than nine pages but most of them had creepily smiling Finnish people on them, so I chose to use them as material for the address windows. My favourites are the one with the woman and the baby and the one with the falling water ....I just can't wait for all that snow to melt so that I can run around in colourful skirts and shoes, without looking like a Marshmallow Man like I do now.






4 comments :

Purnauskis said...

Ihanan näköisiä! Ja kirjekuorien teko on mukavaa aivot-pois-päältä-hommaa :)

berenike said...

Purnauskis: Jep, todellakin. Tää oli mun zen-projekti, kun aikaa piti saada kulumaan :D

Vyyhti said...

Hyvää uusiokäyttöä, tosi kivoja kuoria sait aikaiseksi!

berenike said...

Vyyhti: Kiitos! Hyvää paperia, en kehtoo heittää roskiin!