Sunday, 15 January 2012

Emma

I cannot make speeches, Emma . . . If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.





pattern: Emma's Mittens by Minh Hoang
yarn: Rowan Creative Focus Worsted
needles: 4 mm

This was a fantastic pattern! I loved every second of knitting these mittens, probably due to the combined effect of a good pattern and lovely yarn. The mittens made of my dream yarn (look at the previous post) were not that warm so I decided to knit another, larger pair to go with them. But to be honest, I chose the yarn because my friend left for her exchange year and I miss her a lot. And no, she is not particularly a fan of mustard yellow, but she kept looking for this coloured yarn relentlessly during the autumn. So, you know, one of those things that you would never normally associate with a person but you do, only because of a silly, wonderful memory.

Anyways, the quote above is from Austen's Emma, one of my favourite books by her and one of the favourite quotes from the book (the swooning moment when Mr Knightley and Emma talk things through). He is one of my fave Austen guys, only to be triumphed by Captain Wentworth. What are your Austen faves? Any specific fave renditions?


2 comments :

Melli said...

Oh my god, from the second you showed me that yarn in school I thought of her too! :) For me it was because of the socks she made, though.

berenike said...

yep, I think she was looking for yarn to make those socks :) <3