Monday, 21 November 2011

pattern: Aphrodite by Jeannie Cartmel
yarn: Araucania Ranco Solid, less than one skein
needles: 2.5mm

The pattern was absolutely perfect, well written, really fast but fun to knit. Nevertheless I loathe these socks: I always go for these stripey yarns, because they look awfully nice on skein, but somehow I simply detest them when the yarn is knit. And I never seem to learn. Ranco Solid was a fantastic yarn, but looks horrible (methinks) and the pretty lace pattern by Jeannie Cartmel is completely overshadowed by this hideous Transformer.

Everytime I go shopping for yarn, I should hold onto the pics of these kinds of socks. Unfortunately, the most fantastic word for these kinds of yarns is not translatable into English, but in Finnish it is hilarious: Pätkärääkättyä lankaa.


No comments :