Monday, 12 September 2011

pattern: 126-4 Socks with pattern in "Delight" and "Fabel"
yarn: the same Fabel yarn by DROPS as in the previous sock entry
needles: 3mm




pattern: my own
yarn: some Rowan yarn
needles: probably 3mm?



The first socks I made of leftover yarn I used in the colourwork socks in the previous sock entry. I haven't made anything for my mum in a while so I had to knit something out of guilt. The pics are not really good because the lighting was bad all around the house and there was an eager and curious alsatian snout pushing into the pictures everywhere else except in the stairs. The socks stayed at my mum's so these will have to do.

The latter pair was knitted in Edinburgh because it is a truth universally acknowledged that watching a film without something on the needles is an impossibility in itself for a knitter. Unfortunately I have forgotten which yarn I used, as some time has passed since my time in Edinburgh. But anyways, the pattern was some easy cabling and the socks are extrasmall; they're a Xmas present for my friend with tiny feet. I've postponed blogging the pink socks since I haven't had the chance to take any pics of them while being worn. Finally my other friend with small feet and petite ankles popped in for a visit and I managed to take pics. Cheers, M :)

This is definitely a sock season. The evenings are getting darker and rainier and there's yet another pair of socks on needles.

No comments :