Monday, 5 September 2011



Her hat is a creation that will never go out of style; it will just look ridiculous year after year.

- Fred Allen -


pattern: Southmoor Hat by Erica Jackofsky
yarn: Sublime Bamboo & Pearls dk, 100g
needles: 3,5mm

My mum bought me a Knitscene magazine a month ago and I just had to cast on this hat straight away. To be honest, I'm not a hat person and with my eyeglasses on, most hats look least to say weird. But this pattern was so lovely that maybe I'll sacrifice a couple of pairs of contact lenses so that I can wear it at least once this winter. The ruffly end of the pattern didn't make any sense to me so I improvised and blocked reeeeaally precisely - the two methods that can save pretty much any effed up knitted piece.

Knitscene was a positive surprise, the autumn issue of 2011 had at least 3 patterns I want to knit really soon.

No comments :