Thursday, 10 June 2010

Hood

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Tagore








malli: Shiri Mor - Round the Corner Hoodie, DK Winter 08/09
lanka: Patons Washed Haze Aran, 800g
puikot: 4,5mm

Iisakin kirkkoni valmistui, tätä hupparia on väännetty viime syksystä saakka. Todella kiva ja helppo ohje, mutta toteutus ei onnistunut niin hyvin. Kyseinen ohjehan on tehty muotoja mukailevaksi ja unohdan aina, että muotoni eivät selän pituuden kanssa noudata standardimittoja. Elikkäs lopputuloksena on huppari, jonka lantiolevennykset osuvat vyötärön kohdalle.

My Saint Isaac's Cathedral is finished (it's a cathedral that was being built more than 40 years, thus is symbolises well these kinds of eternity projects.). I've been knitting this hoodie since last autumn. It's a really nice and easy pattern, but the realisation wasn't such a success. After all, this pattern is made for a form hugging hoodie and I always forget that my back is a pat longer than the standard sizing. So the outcome is a hoodie whose hip additions hit my waist.






1 comment :

Spider Webs said...

i love the myriad of styles you use to incorporate into your work..

i'm also a big fan of sunsets as well..each and everyone is like a unique painted picture that you are only privledged to view for only a most brief moment.